Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One for the books

I'm usually not much for the elicit "Hallmark Holiday" we call Valentines Day.
...That all changed the first time I spent Valentines Day with Mike.
He is the kind of guy that makes sure that I feel special the other 364 days of the year too, but adds a little touch of extra cheesy-ness {just the way I like it} on this day.

My Valentines Day started on Sunday Night.
In the midst of my chick flick marathon  
{P.S. I Love You, The Holiday, Because I Said So - Lifetime Channel anyone?!} 
Mike surprised me with a beautiful black diamond heart necklace and champagne.

...the surprises were not over.
This morning, after Mike got home from work, I was woke up by the talented serenading of perhaps one of my most favorite love songs  
{"I Love You 'Til the End" - The Pogues - straight from the P.S. I Love You soundtrack} 
in bed, a homemade card  
{complete with the top 20 reasons why he was in love with me - 
my favorite being #6 "You are a buttload of fun"} 

and breakfast {mimosas included!}.

It's ok to be jealous - I do have one of the world's best {if not THE best} husbands.
I'm not quite sure what i did to deserve him, 
but I sure am glad I get to spend forever and a day with this one!
an oldie but a goodie of Mike and I

No comments:

Post a Comment