Friday, March 11, 2011

10.16.10 eye candy

I should be sleeping - it's my first week back at work since having Noah, 
but apparently I'm still in the Night Owl mode that I adopted when I was staying at home. 
Our wedding was almost 5 months ago {I can't believe it!}, yes, but a lot has happened since then {having a baby, moving, need I say more?} and I just now have started going through photos and organizing the mess of stuff I have laying around that will eventually become our wedding memories.

We lucked out - the weather in Southern Oregon can be hit or miss in the fall months, but October 16 was a picture perfect day. Our wedding is one of what Mike and I consider our biggest accomplishments. We were not blessed to have our wedding paid for, and had to work our butts of {with the help of plenty of family and friends} to create our dream wedding. We even entered a local radio contest and subjected ourselves to public humiliation {dance-off at a local rodeo much?!} - but in the end it was all worth it {although I can safely say, I never want to make another book page paper flower, or champagne glass love quote tag again!}.  I think the hard work, long hours, and countless paper cuts we put into this wedding were what made it so special to us. We got what we wanted - a day surrounded by close family and friends {all 170 of them}, the chance to read our vows to each other; heartfelt and sincere, and a cotton candy machine of course!

The MOH and myself
Now a dear friend of ours, Stephanie Young here did our photography. This woman deserves a serious shout out. It was SO much fun working with her - and as you can see below the photos turned out A M A Z I N G! Being 6 months pregnant, I was not your typical bride, and a little insecure. She did such an amazing job capturing how happy the Mr. and I were to be getting married that day.
Here is some eye candy from our wedding day - and be sure to check out Steph's stuff!

You can barely see that baby belly in this one {why it's one of my favs!}

Good looking wedding party if I do say so myself!
The bandanas were their "swagger" for photos and reception - I drew the line at the ceremony ha.
The father and his only little girl
Some have flower girls - we have "bubble boys" - boys with bubble guns!
The picture perfect Southern Oregon fall day
One of the easier DIY projects of the wedding
..and we had a cotton candy machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment