Sunday, March 27, 2011

2 Months - Smiles and Sounds

If you've read any of my past blog entries, you will know that the transition into motherhood wasn't exactly easy. My oh my, how things change.

In the two {well 2 1/2 now that I've slacked on posting this entry} months that I've been a mother to Noah, my life has been turned upside down, inside out, and I couldn't be happier. I never knew I could love someone so much, and each day is such a new adventure, watching him grow up in front of my eyes.
Month two has been full of so many exciting milestones.
Our once sleeping,screaming,crying baby has turned into a bright-eyed,smiling,boisterous little man. It seems like everyday, he makes a new noise, discovers something new, or develops a new facial expression. He has developed a little personality - one very similar to his fathers {temper and all! Hello, he's 2 months old and grunts when he can't do something, and throws his pacifier to get my attention!}
We may have a little linebacker on our hands too - a UofO Duck of course {any college would be amazing, although I'd hope he wouldn't want to be an OSU Beaver!}. At our 2 month check up Noah weighed in at 12lbs 1 oz (75% percentile), a 16 1/4" head (80% percentile), and 22" long (20% percentile)! For now, we've got a little short stocky man on our hands, but that's all subject to change.

Along with all of Noah's changes - Month 2 also marked my entry back into the "real world". I was able to start back at work part time, but am now back to 40 hours a week. What we once considered a negative thing in our relationship, has actually turned out to be a blessing for Mike and I. Our work schedules are nearly opposite, which allows us to avoid daycare for these first months. I think knowing I was leaving Noah with his dad made it a lot easier to go back to work - however, that doesn't mean it was easy at all. I find myself with different priorities now. Instead of working late to finish up a file that can wait until tomorrow, I clock out on time, and rush home to get to my family. Instead of random photos and certificates adorning my desk, I've cleared places for pictures of both Mike and Noah

I won't but rushing out to buy any mom jeans anytime soon, but I definitely feel different. I feel so content and at ease. I know what my priorities are, and although it was a bit of a rough ride at first, it's nice to be at peace with this little thing I call my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeni!! I am the designer for Mod Memento and I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for entering my giveaway over at Little Miss Momma and for saying hello on my blog and facebook page!

    Girl...I can totally relate to what you just posted about. I have two little ones myself and it is a beautiful trip alright. :)

    Sounds like you've had a whirlwind few months. Your wedding photos are stunning and baby Noah is just a doll!

    Congrats to you!!

    Thanks again!

    ~Bri~
    www.ModMemento.com

    ReplyDelete